Big River VFW Post 5331, located at 1 Lynn Lane, Cedar Hill, MO will be having a
Veterans Information Event
4:00pm. – 7:00 pm.
If any of the following fit you, you should plan to attend:
- Combat Veterans and those with a military occupation that was consistent with exposure to high noise levels should consider filing a claim for service-connected bilateral hearing loss and/or tinnitus.
- Any Veteran who served on land or in the inland waters of Vietnam who have one of the disabilities associated with Agent Orange Exposure should file a claim.
- Surviving spouses of a Veteran who served on land or in the inland waters of Vietnam and who died of a condition on the Agent Orange list of disabilities should file a claim for dependency and indemnity compensation.
- Wartime Veterans who are totally disabled, or over 65 years old, or in receipt of Social Security benefits should inquire as to whether they may be entitled to pension benefits. Both income and medical expense are factors in receiving this benefit.
- Any Veteran in a nursing home and in home care should consider filing for pension benefits.
Lost records do not mean you cannot be granted benefits.
Receiving compensation affects what you are entitled to from VA Medical Centers.
VFW members will be available to answer your questions and complete Referral Forms to get you in contact with one of the VFW Veterans’ Service Officers.
Do not delay. Benefits awarded are back dated to the day the claim was filed.
For additional information, contact either of the following.
Post Veterans’ Service Information Officer
District Veterans’ Service Information Officer